Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Chicken Pasta Verde

I told my husband this morning as I was leaving for work that I would cook dinner if he got the dishes washed before I got home. (Lucky guy he has every Friday and Saturday off.) He couldn't beat that deal and since he kept his end of the bargain, I cooked a new meal. A quick, easy meal that looks and tastes liked you slaved for hours in the kitchen. My husband Andy loved it so much that he ate 3 helpings. I think I see a future where Chicken Pasta Verde is going to be a regular visitor in our home.  Enjoy and Have a Great Cookin' Day!



Chicken Pasta Verde (Serves 6)

Ingredients:
1 box (1 pound) campanelle pasta
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 -1 1/4 pounds chicken breast tenderloin cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced (about 2 cups) *I only used half of the onion
1 jar (33 ounces) of a Two-Step green chile stew
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups crumbled queso fresco cheese, divided
1 lime, cut into 6 wedges (optional)

Directions:
1. Heat covered 5-to-6 quart sauce pot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs. Drain pasta, then return to same sauce pot.

2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and onion and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stir occasionally. Add chile stew and cook until mixture boils and chicken loses its pink color, stir occasionally. Pour stew mixture over pasta; toss until well combined. Add cilantro and half of cheese; toss to combine.

3. Divide pasta between each dinner plate. Sprinkle remaining cheese over pasta and serve with lime wedge (optional ) to squeeze over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment