Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Garden Burgers and Baked Fries




I love a good burger as much as the next person, but I sure do get bored with them. Today I was craving a burger but wanted something with a different taste and decided to make a garden burger and baked french fries. This was the first time I made these and "Wow" were these delicious! Enjoy the recipe and have a Great Cookin' Day!


Ingredients for Baked Fries
Idaho potatoes (I peeled 5, but used only 3)
Olive oil
Sea salt
Chives
Ingredients for Garden Burgers
1 egg (I did not use as I have an aversion to egg in ground beef)
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed or fresh if you have it
1/2 teaspoon onion salt (I substituted this for organic garlic paste I used about 3 squeezes)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup chopped frozen broccoli
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/4 soft bread crumbs (I did not use)
1 pound ground chuck

Cooking Directions
Gather ingredients. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Wash, peel, and slice potatoes in long slices about 1/2" wide. Pat dry with paper towel.
 
Place potatoes in bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, mix until well coated.

 
Place fries on baking sheet. Do not use wax paper like I did, I recommend a cooking spray to avoid fries sticking to baking sheet. Bake until golden brown. My stove took almost 40 minutes, yours might be different. So keep an eye on the fries so you don't burn them.

During last 3-5 minutes of baking sprinkle fries with snipped chives.

Gather ingredients for garden burgers. Pre-heat grill pan or Foreman grill (or equivalent to a Foreman)

Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl.

Make patties. Use a grill pan or Foreman grill or equivalent (I used my Foreman grill). Cook until desired doneness.

We had our garden burgers on whole wheat buns and topped with romaine lettuce and ranch dressing. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment