Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Windsock

About two weeks ago I made these windsocks with my niece and nephew, Agent L and E-Man (my nicknames for them). Paper windsocks are super easy to make, they only take about 5 minutes to put together. The best part is the decorating. They can be decorated for a holiday or season with stickers, markers, or crayons.  There are no rules to decorating, my nephew E-Man went buggy and covered his with some bug stickers I gave him and Agent L was in a lovey mood and went Valentine crazy. Have fun with this very kid friendly craft and have A Great Craftin' Day!

Supplies:
Construction paper (to cut shapes if you want)
Card stock paper (to make the tube since it is sturdier)
Party streamers
Stapler
Glue stick
Scissors
Pencil
Stencil (if you are cutting shapes)
Stickers (optional)
Markers or crayons ( I did not use any for this tutorial)

Directions:

Gather supplies


Roll paper longways overlapping about 1 -1 1/2 inches. Use glue stick to glue the overlap. Then staple each end.

Cut shapes out (optional)

Decorate cut out shapes (optional)


Decorate tube. There are no rules to decorating. Think of different seasons and holidays and other color combinations!

Cut streamers about 12" long. I chose 2 colors. Again not a rule, pick as many as you want!


Staple streamers to the inside bottom end of tube. I alternated the colors.

Cut a streamer about 10" long.


Fold streamer in half.
Staple streamer to inside top end of tube to make a handle. You can use this handle to hang it up.

 
Windsock all ready to hang. *I recommend hanging indoors


No comments:

Post a Comment