Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine Ice Cream Cone

I must be in a Valentine kind of mood because here I am sharing another kid friendly Valentine craft I did today. Originally I was going to do a Valentine Heart Cone Tree but changed my mind. I was ready to glue the first heart to the "cone" and ice cream popped into my head. I must have been craving ice cream because all of a sudden I had a different vision for my "cone". So thanks to I Gotta Create for the Valentine Heart Cone Tree for the cone idea!

Supplies needed:
Scrapbook paper or construction paper
Scissors
Scotch tape
Glue stick
Heart paper punch (if you don't have one no big deal)
Hole punch
Ribbon or yarn



Cut paper with an arch.

Roll paper into cone and tape seam.
Pick out paper for your hearts.

Cut hearts. I made mine about 1 1/2 inches down and across, that is just a guide not a rule!  Arrange in order to glue to cone.

Glue hearts to inside top edge of cone.

Glue as many layers of hearts as you want. I stopped at 3 layers. For a finished look glue hearts inside so you don't see the back of the scrapbook paper hearts.

Punch two holes and thread in your ribbon or yarn to make a handle. Tie a knot at each end of ribbon or yarn. I threaded mine to have the knots inside the cone.


Your Valentine Ice Cream Cone is ready to hang. You can hang on a door knob or hang from a shelf or use it to put flowers in.


 
I hope you enjoy this Valentine craft! Have a Great Craftin' Day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment