Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Scrapbook Fridge Photo Magnets

If you are anything like me then your fridge is covered in photos, art work, and notes. In general my fridge always looks like a disorganized mess. The mess on my fridge is mostly picture postcards from family and friends that announce graduations, save the dates, new babies...you get the picture! I could have taken the easy way out and went to the store to buy ready to make photo frames, but I am determined to use up (but not just on this craft, that would be a lot of frames) the hundreds of scrapbook paper, stickers, and scrapbook chipboards I have just sitting in a box in our spare bedroom (I planned on scrapbooking but never actually got around to it). This was a pretty easy craft and I hope this helps the fridge look less cluttered because I plan on making more photo frames for different seasons and holidays. Since it so close to Valentines I chose scrapbook paper to match the holiday. Have fun creating your own fridge photo magnets! Have a Great Craftin' Day!

Fridge Photo Magnets:
Supplies Needed:
Scrapbook paper
Scrapbook chipboard letters, stickers, and other scrapbook decorations
Frame for template (I bought this one for $0.97)
Xacto knife (*Warning* Very sharp use with caution)
Pencil
Scrapbook paper glue
Magnet Strips (I got these at Hobby Lobby for $2.99 - my 40% coupon)
Scissors
Foam Board (again I got at Hobby Lobby)
Sandpaper  (not pictured)

Directions:

Gather supplies.
Pick scrapbook paper you want to use for frames.


Coordinate your decorations to your scrapbook paper.
Use frame as a template and trace pattern onto back of scrapbook paper.

Cut out frame. Tip to cut center: Make an X with Xacto knife then cut center.

Use frame to trace pattern onto foam board.
Use Xacto knife to cut frame from the foam board. Tip: Trace outline with Xacto knife around pattern, then go back around all the way through. Be careful with knife it is  very sharp. Do not worry about rough edges.


Glue paper to frame. Smooth out any bubbles. Let dry then trim excess edges. Do not worry about being exact.



Sand rough edges with sand paper.

Cut strips of magnets and attach to back of frame. I only put a magnet strip on top and bottom, but you can put them on all four sides.

The fun part...Decorating!

Hanging on the fridge (I cleaned my fridge off so no one would see my clutter).

Close up of completed frame.

This one I did not decorate, the roses were enough decoration!

Last frame I made.
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! How cute this idea is. And the good thing is that it is easy to make too. I will definitely going to try making one too.

    Lyt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope you have fun with this craft! What is fun about these is you can use different patterns and change them for holidays.

    ReplyDelete