Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Paper Heart Mobile

I had all intentions of making a heart wreath to hang on the door when I started cutting out hearts but ended up making a heart mobile. This is a wonderful and EASY craft to make with your kids. Have fun and go crazy with colors and shapes! Have a Great Crafting Day!

Supplies needed:

Construction paper
Ribbon
Curling ribbon
Glue
Hole punch
Tape
Pencil
Scissors
Stencil or paper punch
Wood embroidery hoops

Directions:
Gather supplies.

Trace hearts and cut out hearts or use a paper punch. I cut out ten of each color.

Punch hole at top and bottom of all the hearts.

Cut strips of construction paper. You can skip this step if you want to keep the embroidery hoop natural.
Cover embroidery hoops. I used tape to adhere the paper to the hoop.

Cut curling ribbon about 12 inches long. I cut six ribbons.

Knot curling ribbon around hoop. Thread hearts (or the shape you chose) onto curling ribbon. Tape back of heart (see next picture to see where to tape) so they do not slide. Space them about 1-1 1/2" apart. Keep threading hearts until all are on. I threaded 5 shapes on each string. Make a knot after the last heart on each string is threaded. Curl end of  ribbon.

Tape here on backside so heart does not slide. I would use clear tape so you can't see the tape, but I didn't have any on hand.

Cut ribbon long enough to hang mobile up. Knot around hoop. Then make knot on opposite side.

Hang up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment